COVID-19 Office Status
MPDG Announces New Safety Standards
Our office is now open for normal business hours and we are seeing patients for all treatments.
At Monterey Peninsula Dental Group, the health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority as our community makes plans to re-open in a strategic and safe manner. In an effort to ensure your health and safety in our office, we’ve made changes to our facility and implemented new systems to ensure our patients and team receive the best protection possible. It’s important to us that you feel comfortable & safe while receiving care in our office.
Here are the steps we’re taking to support a safe and healthy environment:
State of the Art Air Ionization and Negative Pressure Ventilation – Ensuring a Clean and Safe Environment:
We’ve completely upgraded our HVAC system and added a CleanAir EXP system – a leading-edge air ionizing unit that virtually eliminates viruses, bacteria and other foreign bodies from the air in our facility.
CleanAir EXP has been shown to destroy 99.99% of Coronavirus from the air in less than 10 minutes. Negative pressure ventilation completely exchanges the air in each treatment room every five minutes. This high-tech ionization and evacuation system ensures the air you breathe will be clean and safe.
Our system will be functioning 24/7 and has sensors that continually test the air and automatically initiate the ionization process to prevent unsafe or virus-contaminated air from circulating. This additional safety measure will result in your peace of mind during your visit to our practice.
Other risk mitigation efforts at MPDG:
In addition to the CleanAir EXP system, we are also initiating a series of risk prevention measures so we can continue to provide an excellent experience without compromising your health or safety. When you come to MPDG for your next visit, here are a few changes you can expect:
- We’ll be asking pre screening questions when we schedule and confirm your appointment. This is to help ensure anyone who has symptoms of illness or who has been in contact with anyone who has symptoms of illness an opportunity to reschedule their appointment.
- We’ll be scheduling our appointments in a way designed to reduce the number of people arriving in our office at any given time. Our aim is to move patients into a treatment room as quickly as possible after they arrive. This is to reduce the number of people in our waiting areas and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- We’ll be asking patients to arrive at our office wearing their own masks to help maintain an adequate supply of protective equipment for our team’s own needs.
- Upon arrival, you will be met in our entry by a team member, who will ask screening questions once again and provide you with hand sanitizer before entry to our facility.
- We’ll be wearing additional personal protective equipment to ensure your safety and ours.
- Protective barriers are in place to minimize your contact during business transactions.
- If you have concerns about potential exposure, we’re adding teledentistry consultations to eliminate the need for you to be physically present to discuss your dental needs. This allows you to have a virtual meeting online with your dentist.
Dental health is an integral part of overall health and we recognize your dental needs don’t stop because a pandemic is happening – if you’re having a dental emergency or are in need of care, reach out to us today. We’re available to provide the care you need while keeping your health and safety a top priority.
We’re grateful for your cooperation and welcome your feedback
If there’s anything more we can do to make you feel comfortable and safe during your visits to our office, we encourage you to contact us. We welcome your feedback as we continue to strive to make our facility safe and your experience as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
On behalf of the entire MPDG team, we want to express our gratitude to you, our patients. Thank you for trusting us with your care, health and safety.
See what our happy patients are saying:
Dr. Falkel is an outstanding practitioner. The procedure was remarkably easy and I felt absolutely no pain. Yesterday evening, at 9 PM, Dr. Falkel called me at home to make sure that I was doing fine. I think he goes well beyond what one would expect.
I am very grateful to have the fine dental care by Dr. Stephen Ikemiya. He and his hygienist keep me feeling that my teeth are well cared for. As a senior citizen, 80, I appreciate this.
I've been to a dozen different dentists all over the country. Every aspect of Dr Falkel's expertise and office flow is superior. I never feel hustled or up sold. Best value and care I could want. Can I give MORE than 5 stars?!! Well deserved.